You have to love a great hiking boot, and Keen has always provided (in my opinion) one of the best options in today’s market when it comes to comfortable backpacking boots. The Keen Gypsum Mid hiking boot is no exception. It’s rugged, yet extremely lightwight.
TrailMagazine has put together a great video explaining the Keen Gypsum Mid Hiking Boot.
They’re light, comfortable, robust and waterproof. These are just some of the things that Trail magazine’s Dan Aspel had to say about the Keen Gypsum Mid hiking boots.
KEEN designed the Men’s Gypsum Mid to provide stability and support on light hikes or when you’re just kicking around town.
- Waterproof nubuck leather upper with KEEN.Dry waterproof breathable membrane for all-weather protection
- Removable dual-density EVA footbed for shock absorption
- ESS shank and TPU heel stabilizer for added stability
- 4mm multi-directional lugs provide traction on variable terrain
- Non-marking rubber outsole
Very comfortable right out of the box. I wore these for 4 days while backpacking (roughly 20-25 miles). The boots were very comfortable until the last mile hiking down the mountain. My heel started to rub a little. No blisters but it was only the last mile. I do like the boots and plan to wear them on my next trip. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. They stayed waterproof in a good 5 hour down pour. Traction was great even on wet rock. The extra padded foot bed was nice with a 50 lb pack on.
If you have this boot, give it review and let us know what you think?[ratings]