Water and staying hydrated are so important to survival. It’s one of the most if not the most important pieces of gear you need in the backcountry. That’s why I really like the Life Straw. Given its light weight and compact form, the LifeStraw is perfect for the bug-out-bag. According to Eartheasy, the master LifeStraw wholesale distributor for the USA and Canada, a single LifeStraw can filter up to 1,000 liters or 264 gallons of water. Not only that, it removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of water-borne protozoan parasites.
Filtering water on ultralight adventures just got a whole lot easier. The LifeStraw water filter lets you safely sip straight from the stream or lake without any pumping, squeezing or filling.
- Weighing only 2 oz., the easy-to-use LifeStraw water filter is one of the lightest filters available, and it takes up very little space in your backpack
- Hollow-fiber filter membrane offers a high flow rate; sip on the straw and it filters the water while it’s on the way to your mouth
- Get down close to the stream or lake and use the LifeStraw to drink straight from the source, or fill your water bottle and insert the filter to start sipping
- 0.2-micron filter physically removes 99.9999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Effectively filters up to 264 gal. (1,000 liters)
- Regularly blowing through the LifeStraw water filter after drinking helps keep the filter clean and prevents clogging
- Includes a removable lanyard
Video production done by: BlackOwlOutdoors
If you have used this product, give it a rating to help others review it. [ratings]