When deciding on a 2 person tent, the first thing most people consider is weight. Most people that is. Hard to find a 2 person tent that is reasonably light weight and actually big enough for 2 people and gear. (maybe even your dog). But I like the Sierra Designs Lightning Tent
Has ample amount of space for 2 people on a backpacking trip. You and your partner can split up the weight, and once you set up camp, the mesh-ventilated walls mean that both of you can breathe easy.
Sierra Designs was born in 1965, at the beginning of the golden age of backpacking and climbing. Today, their rebellious crew of industry vets and young innovators is on a mission to fundamentally redefine how we live in the backcountry. We create outdoor solutions from equal parts common sense and uncommon thinking. Our outdoor products are all specifically designed for backpacking, not for hype or excess.
- Waterproof fly and floor fabric features fully taped, PVC-free seams for added protection from rainstorms and soggy weather
- Superseal floor tech combines the benefits of catenary and bathtub floors by featuring both raised and taped seams for a tighter pitch and better protection
- DAC NSL Featherlite poles are made with less phosphoric and nitric acid for a greener tent pole, and they feature a wider diameter with a thinner wall to add strength and save weight
- Jake’s Foot pole attachment utilizes a ball-and-socket design to keep the pole end in place during setup and easily pops out for take-down
- Mesh wall panels increase airflow to decrease condensation and stuffiness
- Internal storage pockets keep your flashlight, maps, and trail wares accessible
- Gear-loft loops enable you to hang your headlamp when it gets dark
- Fast-pitch compatible; just carry the poles, fly, and footprint to save weight
- **Footprint available separately
If your looking for a good quality 2 person tent. This maybe one you (and your partner) should consider.
Video Production by: Sierra Designs
If you have used this piece of gear, please help others by reviewing it here: [ratings]